These beautifully soft Horsemanship Equi-Halters are made by a professional saddler and ropesmith in Australia - especially for Equigear.
Equi-Halters are made to the highest standards and come in a range of colours.
Equi-Halters are made from marine grade double braid polyester yatching rope made in Australia to the high standards set by the marine industry, being highly resistant to abrasion, yet soft to the feel with a breaking strain in excess of 4500kg.
Our Equi-Halters will last for many years!
* Firm yet soft and durable (unlike cheap polyethylene and polypropylene ropes).
* Polyester will not harden or break down with age. It is not affected by water, will not rot, mould or mildew, and is resistant to most acids and oils.
* Polyester can be washed with normal household detergents in warm water.
* Colour fast - will have only minor fading over the long life of the rope.
* Low abrasion - polyester produces less friction so that means a greatly reduced chance of rope burn and less abrasion on your horse’s skin.
* Stronger and longer life - Cheap polypropylene halter cords and webbing have a much lower breaking strain.
I know it's tempting to buy cheaper imitations but they are often made from a variety of nylon ropes which are harsh, and can easily cut into your horse when under pressure.