Equi-Rope Lines are made from marine grade double braid polyester yachting poly-rope made in Australia to the high standards set by the marine industry, being highly resistant to abrasion, yet soft to the feel with a breaking strain in excess of 4500kg.
Many well-known horsemanship clinicians and trainers use this type of lead or line - they appreciate quality, softness, and durability as well as the "live feel" of the rope in their hands.
* Firm yet soft and durable (unlike cheap polyethylene and polypropylene ropes).
* Polyester will not harden or break down with age. It is not affected by water, will not rot, mould or mildew, and is resistant to most acids and oils.
* Polyester can be washed with normal household detergents in warm water.
* Colour fast - will have only minor fading over the long life of the rope.
* Low abrasion - polyester produces less friction so that means a greatly reduced chance of rope burn and less abrasion on your horse’s skin.
* Stronger and longer life - Cheap polypropylene halter cords and webbing have a much lower breaking strain.
Our Equi-Rope Lines are an investment that will last for many years! There are many other lines on the market. Many are made from nylon yachting braid which was never designed for equine use. Nylon braid lines stretch over time, can fade and become stiff with use and increase in size due to moisture absorbtion. Many have clips that cannot be removed or easily replaced if broken.